The Catalyst Excerpts (Plus) plugin is based on the Catalyst Excerpts widget that comes with the Catalyst framework. It is available in the WordPress Plugin Directory for free so all you have to do is choose to add a new plugin from your WordPress plugin area and search for catalyst excerpts and it will show up at the top of your results.
- This plugin requires the Catalyst framework – don’t know what that is? Learn about Catalyst here…
Catalyst Excerpts (Plus) includes all the great features of the original Catalyst Excerpts widget with a few additional options.
- Display Posts Randomly
- Display by “Hottest Topics” (most comments)
- Display “Coldest Topics” (least comments)
- Allow HTML in Titles
- Allow HTML in Excerpts
- Move Thumbnail Below Excerpt Content, Above it, Above the Title or Set as Background
- Display latest tweets
- Works on Some Custom Post Types
- Turn off excerpt content
More features are being developed and I look forward to your suggestions and adding as many of them as I can.
Once the plugin is installed you will see a new widget available in your widget admin area called Catalyst Excerpts (Plus). Just move this to a widget area and configure the options in the widget options panel. Pretty simple!